iSchoolConnect together with its affiliates iSchoolConnect Technologies Private Limited (“iSchoolPrep,” “Our,” “We,” or “Us”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data / Personally Identifiable Information (PII). It is important that you read this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) so that you are aware of how and why we are using such personal data / PII, and the rights you have regarding your personal data / PII. This Notice describes how we process your personal data / PII that you share with us during and after your working relationship with us.
This Notice applies to all current and former data subjects of iSchoolPrep using this application. This Notice does not form part of any contract to provide services. We may update this Notice at any time, subsequent to which you may be made aware of the change as soon as possible.
Categories of Personal data / PII we collect
In this Notice, personal data / PII refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
We may collect/process the following categories of personal data / PII:
- Your contact details, including but not limited to your full name, title, telephone numbers, signature, residential address and email addresses;
- Attachments in PDF containing personal data / PII
- Financial information, such as payment related information;
- Employment records;
- Other details such as location of the data subject or workplace details, In addition, where required for specific purposes, we may process your sensitive personal data. This may include information related to the following:biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person
If you are a California resident, the following applies to you:
In the past 12 months, we have or may have collected the following information about you. Please note that the following list represents categories of personal data / PII across all California residents whose personal data / PII we may have collected or received and does not necessarily represent information we have collected specifically about you:
|1. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|2. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code§ 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal data / PII included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|3. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, colour, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|4. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioural, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.|
|5. Inferences drawn from other personal data / PII.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behaviour, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Please also note that the definition of “personal data / PII” under CCPA is subject to certain exceptions as set forth therein and does not include information that is publicly available or has been aggregated or deidentified in accordance with CCPA.
We may have collected and processed personal data / PII for various business purposes in the preceding 12 months, including:
- Auditing related to interactions with consumers in connection with the professional services iSchoolPrep provides.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and taking appropriate action as a result of any such detected activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our services.
How’s the personal data / PII collected?
iSchoolPrep collects personal data / PII about data subjects through the application and the files uploaded on the application and . we collect the information directly from you. We may collect additional personal data / PII, if required, throughout the period you are associated with us.
Purpose of processing and the lawful bases
We process your personal data / PII for the following purposes:
- Legal compliance;
- Performing professional services;
- Internal reporting;
- Protection of our information security, network, computer systems, and electronic communications systems, including to ensure network and information security, prevent unauthorized access and modifications to systems;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our services;
- Marketing and business development;
- Other legal and customary business-related purposes.
We will only use your personal data / PII when the law allows us to. We rely on the following lawful bases to process your personal data / PII for the purposes explained above:
- Where we need to perform a contract that we will be entering into with you;
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests;
- Where we have taken your explicit consent to process the data;
- Where we need to protect your vital interests (or someone else's vital interests).
We may process your sensitive personal data only if one of the following conditions is fulfilled:
- Where you have given your explicit consent to process such information;
- Where we need to protect your vital interests (or someone else's vital interests);
- Where processing relates to sensitive personal data which has been manifestly made available by you;
- Where processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- Where we need to protect your vital interests (or someone else's vital interests).
Please note that we may process your personal data / PII without your knowledge or consent, where this is required by law
Change of purpose
We will only process your personal data / PII for the purposes explained above in this Notice. If we need to use your personal data / PII for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the lawful basis which allows us to do so before processing for the new purpose (unless we are required by law to refrain from sharing the information with you).
Accessing and sharing your personal data / PII
Your information will be accessed by the required department / personnel within iSchoolPrep. The access will be restricted to authorized personnel, who will access it only for performance of their roles, in a manner consistent with this Notice.
The personal data / PII which you provide to us may be transferred to other countries (if required). We take steps to ensure that the recipients of the personal data / PII act in accordance with applicable law and provide an adequate level of protection, including appropriate technical and organizational security measures. We ensure this through safeguards such as signing inter- service agreements and data processing agreements.
Sale of personal data / PII
We do not sell your personal data / PII for monetary consideration.
iSchoolPrep has put in place measures for the protection of your personal data / PII. iSchoolPrep has internal policies, procedures, and controls in place to try and prevent your personal data / PII from being accidentally lost or destroyed, altered, disclosed, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. In addition, we limit access to your personal data / PII to only authorized individuals who have a business need to know in order to perform their job duties and responsibilities.
In cases where your personal data / PII may be shared with third-party service providers, we require all third parties to implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data / PII and to treat it subject to a duty of confidentiality and in accordance with applicable data protection law/s. They are authorized to process your personal data / PII for specified purposes and in accordance with our written instructions.
iSchoolPrep also has in place procedures to deal with a suspected data security breach, and we will notify the applicable supervisory authority or regulator and you of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so
We will only retain your personal data / PII for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of meeting the applicable legal, contractual requirements, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data / PII, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data / PII, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data / PII, the purposes for which we process your personal data / PII and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data / PII we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data / PII changes during your working relationship with us.
Rights available to you
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data / PII in certain circumstances:
- Right to be informed if your personal data / PII are being or have been processed, including the existence of automated decision making and profiling.
- Right to access your personal data / PII that we process and obtain a copy of it.
- Right to rectification or correction of the inaccuracy or error in your personal data / PII.
- Right to erasure, (removal or destruction) will enable you to ask us to delete or remove personal data / PII which we process about you subject to limited circumstances in accordance with the privacy laws requirements.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data / PII, including processing for direct marketing, automated processing, or profiling.
- Right to data portability or the right to obtain a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for its further use.
- Right to withdraw consent for processing of personal data / PII where explicit consent has been sought. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your personal data / PII for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
- Right Related to Automated Decision-Making Including Profiling iSchoolPrep does not carry out any automated decision making currently. However, if in the future we do so, you will have a right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling. Such decisions can be made only if they are necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract or authorized by the Union or Member State law applicable to us or based on your explicit consent.
If you are a California resident, you have the following additional rights under certain circumstances:
- Right to opt-out. You may have the right to request that your personal data / PII not be sold to third parties.
- Right to non-discrimination. You have the right to exercise any of the rights listed above (and any other rights under CCPA) without discrimination by us.
You may request to exercise any of these rights firstname.lastname@example.org