Table of Contents
- Finland immigration from India | An overview of the country
- Finland immigration from India | Types of visas
- Finland immigration from India | How to obtain a visa for Finland?
- Finland immigration from India | Conditions for Indian students seeking student visas to Finland
- Finland immigration from India | Documents required for obtaining the visa
- Finland immigration from India | Where can I apply for a visa to Finland?
- Key takeaways
Finland immigration from India | An overview of the country
Finland attracts companies and qualified workers worldwide due to its excellent infrastructure and numerous job openings. Furthermore, Finland’s educational system, from preschool to college, is among the greatest in the world. As a result, these benefits result in Finland immigration from India.
Most visitors from around the world require a permit to enter Finland. As a member of the Schengen area, Finland allows visa-free entrance for citizens of other Schengen countries and a few other visa-exempt countries. There are two sorts of Finland entry permits: short-term Finland Schengen visas and long-term visas. Continue reading for more information!
Finland immigration from India | Types of visas
The Finnish visas are classified according to the duration of stay-
1. Short-term visas
Short-term visas, often known as Finland Schengen visas, are awarded for trips of up to 90 days – 180 days. They are available in single-entry, double-entry, and multiple-entry formats. Finland Schengen visa types vary depending on the purpose of the visit.
2. Finland tourist visas
Finland Tourist Visas are provided to those visiting the nation to participate in tourist destinations such as sightseeing, adventure sports, leisure activities, and so on.
3. Finland business visa
This authorization is provided to individuals visiting Finland to conduct business.
4. Finland visitor visa
A visitor permit is a good option for visiting relatives or friends who live in Finland.
5. Long-term Finland visa
Finland does not issue visas for stays of more than 90 days. Instead, they issue a residency permit which includes studies, work, family reunions, etc.
Finland immigration from India | How to obtain a visa for Finland?
Are you thinking about how to apply for immigration to Finland? You must apply for a visa to Finland online. The submission, however, is done offline. Finland Visa Application Centers have taken over the Embassy of Finland’s visa services (VAC).
However, the embassy accepts a limited number of applications per week. Before you begin your application, you must check that you are eligible for the type of entrance permits you request and follow the steps mentioned below-
- Assemble all the application-related paperwork.
- Visit the VAC website and sign in to the application portal.
- Fill out the Finnish visa application form completely. Take a print of the confirmation email you received.
- Make your visa appointment at any of the VACs or, if possible, at the embassy. You can do so by phoning, emailing the right center, visiting the VAC website, and using the online portal.
- Bring your documentation and application form to the appointment. You must pay the costs and provide your biometrics here.
Please remember that if you have already provided your biometrics within the last five years, you do not need to do so again. You are exempted from submitting the application in person in these circumstances. Also, ensure that you provide accurate information and any necessary documentation.
Submitting incorrect information, failing to follow the correct protocol, or submitting forged documents can all result in visa refusal. A history of denied permits is significant and can impact future applications.
Finland immigration from India | Conditions for Indian students seeking student visas to Finland
Before you begin your application process, meet all the conditions for obtaining a Finnish visa. It is best to prepare your supporting documentation and evidence of compliance ahead of time. One of the first requirements to immigrate to Finland is a valid passport for your stay in Finland, which will not expire while you are there.
Second, you must obtain the necessary medical insurance before arriving in Finland. The duration of your stay in Finland will determine your coverage
|Length of stay
|Minimum pharmaceutical coverage requirement
|More than 2 years
|Less than 2 years
Finland immigration from India | Documents required for obtaining the visa
The following documents are required with your Finnish Residence Permit application-
- A current passport
- Two color copies of your passport’s biodata page
- Acceptance letter from the Finnish institution
- Proof of tuition payment, if applicable.
- Proof of proper health insurance for the duration of your stay
- Academic history evidence in India.
- Proof that you have met all the financial conditions.
In addition, you will be required to provide a passport photo that matches the photo guidelines. As the application process is online, you must have scanned copies of all your documentation and the originals.
Finland immigration from India | Where can I apply for a visa to Finland?
The embassy of Finland has outsourced visa applications to its VACs to speed up the procedure and avoid congestion. Use the online application form to submit your information. The application, however, must be submitted directly to a VAC. The VACs are stationed in major cities around India. Moreover, the Embassy of Finland in New Delhi accepts applications on a limited basis every week.
- Finland has always welcomed immigrants and continues to do so now.
- The annual growth in the immigrant population is becoming more obvious as time passes.
- International students must present proof of acceptance to a school in Finland to apply for a Finland Study Visa.
Was this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to contact us for more information about Finland immigration from India. We would be happy to assist you with your queries!
Like this blog? Read next- What is immigration? | 8 Ideal countries for immigration for students.
Q1. How does an Indian get into Finland?
Answer – If you have a job, a study place, or a family member in Finland, you can apply for a residence permit. Before you arrive in Finland, apply for a residence permit.
Q2. Is Finland a decent place for an Indian to live?
Answer – Finland is regarded as one of the greatest nations in Europe for international students to study, not only because of its superb education system and presence of world-renowned universities but also because of its beauty, student-friendliness, and safety.
Q3. Is PR available in Finland?
Answer – When you have stayed in Finland for four years on a continuous residence permit (A permit), you can apply for a permanent residence permit.