Table of Contents
- IELTS scholarship | An overview
- IELTS scholarship for Indian students | What does it offer?
- Benefits of the IELTS Scholarship India
- IELTS band score for scholarship 2023
- Essential documents for scholarship
- Application process for IELTS scholarship
- Selection procedure for the Scholarship
- IELTS eligible countries
- Key takeaways
IELTS scholarship | An overview
The British Council has initiated an IELTS scholarship scheme for Indian students to propel their careers with international exposure. The scholarship amount helps you with the funding needed to pursue your higher education. The scholarship increases the chance to reserve your seat in the leading universities under the scheme. In this blog, we have covered everything about the IELTS scholarship 2023 for Indian IELTS aspirants.
IELTS scholarship for Indian students | What does it offer?
The IELTS exam scholarship is designed for deserving students who belong to economically weaker sections but wish to pursue higher studies abroad. The prime objective of providing this scholarship is to assist Indian students in pursuing their education in foreign institutions without concern about financial expenses. The scholarship works as motivation for Indian students to qualify IELTS exam with good grades to be eligible for the grant.
British Council IELTS scholarship is for those with a minimum band score of 6.5 on the IELTS exam. A scholarship of £10,000 (INR 9,08,690) is provided to eligible students pursuing higher studies. The amount will also cover allowances like maintenance, books, ad hoc, additional, and generous allowances. You will also be granted an acceptance letter from your intended university.
Benefits of the IELTS Scholarship India
The IELTS scholarship for Indian students offers abundant benefits for those who want to pursue studies abroad. Some notable benefits of the scholarship are given below-
- The scholarship program empowers many Indian students who wish to establish a career overseas.
- The scholarship empowers you to score well in your IELTS exam to be eligible for the grant.
- Scoring a 6.5 on your IELTS exam will make you eligible for the scholarship.
- The British Council also gives flexibility to those holding or pursuing a PG degree to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship ensures an equal distribution of the opportunity for all students coming from the weaker sections.
- It gives you financial security for not worrying about expenses, as the IELTS scholarship amount covers it all!
IELTS band score for scholarship 2023
IELTS scholarship based on IELTS score relies on the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship-
The Indian student applying for the IELTS scholarship must satisfy the following requirements-
- You must be a resident and citizen of India.
- You score at least 6.5 on the IELTS test.
- You must possess proficiency in the English language.
- You must be beginning the post-graduation course from abroad.
Essential documents for scholarship
There are some documents you must have handy while applying for the IELTS scholarship. These are-
- English Proficiency Certificate
- IELTS score copy
- IELTS test report form
- GRE or TOEFL score
- Transcripts copies from the attending institutions
- GRE score copy
- Admission offer or letter of acceptance
- Other identity proofs
Application process for IELTS scholarship
Once you clear the eligibility for the IELTS scholarship, you must follow certain steps to apply for the same. These steps are as follows-
- The first step is to download the scholarship application form from the official website of the British Council.
- You must complete the form online and upload all required documents.
- Once all documents are uploaded, recheck the form for any errors and hit “submit.”
- Send the filled application, along with documents, to the official address as given below if applying via offline mode:
British Council Division
British Deputy High Commission
737 Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600002
Selection procedure for the Scholarship
After receiving all the scholarship applications, the candidates are shortlisted by the authorized body. The Panel of Hornby Trust Trustees and British Council Staff conducts an interview round for the selected candidates. The authorities also judge the shortlisted candidates for their English proficiency skills.
Once the interviews are done, the panel evaluates your EOR (Enquiry on Results) to review and analyze the final scores on the TRF (Test Report Form). After the results, the chosen students are granted an IELTS scholarship of £10,000/.
IELTS eligible countries
The five countries that are eligible for IELTS admissions in the post-graduate programs are as follows-
- New Zealand
- The British Council provides IELTS scholarships to Indian students aspiring to pursue their higher studies abroad.
- The scholarship amounts to £10,000 and is provided to Indian citizens.
- The scholarship offers you abundant benefits and works as a motivator for you to score good grades in the IELTS exam.
- The main objective of the scholarship is to encourage more Indian admissions to global universities and to assist you by bearing financial expenses.
- In addition, you must score a minimum of 6.5 on the IELTS exam and a band score of 7.5 to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The process of filling out applications is online on the official portal of the British Council and after which the interview rounds are conducted for the shortlisted students.
- The selection committee will analyze your score, English proficiency, interview, and other aspects to evaluate your scholarship prospects.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog. In case of any queries, or assistance with your IELTS preparation, reach out to us or drop a comment below!
Liked this blog? Read next: All about the IELTS one skill retake exam
Q1. Can I get a scholarship through IELTS in Canada?
Answer- If you wish to apply for an IELTS scholarship in Canada, you must have an IELTS score of 6.5 to be eligible.
Q2. What is a good IELTS score for a scholarship?
Answer- Generally, a candidate is required to score 6.5 on the band scale. Any score higher than 6.5 only increases your chances of selection for the IELTS scholarship by the British Council.
Q3. Can I apply to any university after receiving a scholarship?
Answer- You can apply to all the colleges that come under the wing of IELTS institutions worldwide that accept IELTS scores for PG admissions.