Table of Contents
IELTS one skill retake exam ⏐ An overview
IELTS one skill retake lets the aspirants attempt any of the four sections (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) again. This feature is developed to boost their confidence and prove their language proficiency. Currently, this new feature of IELTS is available only in Australia. However, it is said to be launched in other nations and regions during 2023. Your eligibility for booking the one skill retake is only possible if you’ve lately completed the IELTS exam on a computer and obtained the score from an authorized test center.
After the test, you’ll be given a new IELTS Test Report Form. This document comprises your new IELTS one skill retake test results and the original scores of the other three skills. This Test Report Form’s date will be the same as your initial IELTS academic or general training test.
Booking your IELTS one-skill retake
Many of you might be wondering how to book for the IELTS one skill retake. Below we have discussed the steps you should know to book your one-skill retake –
- Log in to your IELTS profile by visiting https://book.ielts.idp.com/account.
- See your past test results.
- Click the “retake” option on the skill you want to retake.
Advantages of IELTS one skill retake
We have unleashed the key benefits to help you understand the significance of attempting one section of IELTS-
- An applicant can save time as there is no need to attempt the other three skills.
- The aspirant will receive a new IELTS Test Report Form with their one-skill retake score and scores of the rest three skills from their initial performance.
- The aspirant can sit for the IELTS one skill retake test with full confidence as there will be no change to the other three section scores from the original test.
- The timing and format of the one skill retake are the same as the regular IELTS exam. So, your method of preparing for the test does not change.
Things to keep in mind about the IELTS one skill retake
While IELTS allows you to have a retake for one of the four sections of the test, there are a few things that students should keep in mind about the exam. Be certain to consider these before applying for a retake-
- One must take the test on a computer at a recognized test center offering a retake. Currently, IELTS one skill retake is available to only some who gave their complete IELTS test on a computer. It is not accessible to those who gave a paper-based test. Also, you need to ensure that your test center offers one skill retake.
- One should apply for IELTS one skill retake test within 60 days after your initial full test. The results for computer-based tests are in three to five days following the test. So, there shouldn’t be any problem booking or applying for IELTS one skill retake.
- One can only retake one skill for every complete IELTS test given. If you have given the IELTS and are not satisfied with the score in the Speaking and Writing section, there are two options. Either you retake the Speaking or the Writing skill test. You cannot take both. If you wish to improve the score in two skills, giving the full test again is the only option.
- Now the IELTS test takers can retake the IELTS for any one section. Currently, this new feature of IELTS is available only in Australia.
- One of the biggest advantages of an IELTS one skill retake is that you can drastically improve your score as you are focusing on just one section of the exam.
- This feature is very new and has some limitations too. Hence, you have to be well prepared for your IELTS one skill retake.
IELTS is one of the most important tests for admission into your dream university. So, to get the best guidance and tips, connect with our expert and confirm your candidature to a top university.
Like our blog? Read next: All about GMAT for MBA | GMAT sample test!
Q1- Is it possible to take an IELTS one skill retake for just the speaking section?
Answer: One can retake the speaking module alone if they feel their test result is not up to the mark in the speaking section. Regardless of the score obtained in the other sections, if you feel you’ve scored less in the speaking section, you can attempt an IELTS one skill retake.
Q2- Who accepts the IELTS one skill retake test?
Answer: Currently, IELTS one skill retake test is accepted by the Australian Department of Home Affairs. For enrolment in the medical field, the retake is also accepted by Ahpra and National Boards.
Q3- How much time is required for IELTS one skill retake preparation?
Answer: The ideal time to prepare for the IELTS one skill retake is eight weeks. You have to do your best in the section you are focusing on.
Q4- How soon can I retake the IELTS exam?
Answer: You have a timespan of 60 days from your original test date to book one skill retake.