Table of Contents
- Canada immigration medical exam | Whom to approach?
- List of medical exams for Canadian immigration
- How to find a doctor for a Canada immigration medical exam?
- Who needs a medical examination?
- When to go to the Canada immigration medical exam center?
- Canada immigration medical exam requirements
- Key takeaways
Canada immigration medical exam | Whom to approach?
Everyone applying to become a permanent resident must pass the Canada immigration medical exam, including spouses, partners, or children. It means that an IRCC-approved recognized panel can administer the immigration health exam. Importantly, your primary care physician must be a member of the insurance company’s medical advisory board. These physicians are the only ones who can examine you and give you a clean bill of health.
List of medical exams for Canadian immigration
All visa applicants must pass a medical examination, regardless of whether they want to stay temporarily as a live-in caregiver or tourist. Canada immigration medical exam procedure which is required for entry into Canada includes the following-
Your vital organs will all be checked as part of this comprehensive medical evaluation. The doctor should know about any severe health problems you’ve had.
This medical checkup is necessary for identifying any persistent problems with vital organs or bodily functions. The fetus’s health is prioritized over that of the mother; hence an X-Ray test is not
administered to a pregnant woman. There are a few tests that both the mother and the infant must take after giving birth.
To qualify for a Canadian permanent residence card, applicants must demonstrate that they are healthy and free of severe conditions like tuberculosis, HIV, syphilis, etc. The blood test is crucial in diagnosing many conditions that might harm your health.
Your urine sample will also be carefully analyzed in a cutting-edge facility to help diagnose any ensuing health problems. This test can identify a wide range of severe conditions, including diabetes.
How to find a doctor for a Canada immigration medical exam?
The Canadian government will only allow a medical examination for immigration from a government-approved doctor. Find a doctor in your area who is on the accepted panel. In addition, below are some details regarding the exam and the doctors on the panel-
- Expenses associated with the physical examination are your responsibility. The price may vary from physician to physician.
- When scheduling a visit with the panel doctor, be sure to ask what materials you need to have on hand.
Who needs a medical examination?
If you stay for six months or less
In most cases, a physical examination is unnecessary unless you apply for a specific type of employment. Depending on the nature of the work you hope to conduct in Canada, you may be required to pass a medical screening. Jobs like these include occupations that need frequent interaction with the public, such as-
- Personnel at healthcare facilities
- Professionals in the clinical laboratory
- Caregivers in retirement communities and nursing facilities
- Accepted Canadian medical school students
- Medical students, residents, and interns, as well as doctors on locum tenens assignments
- People who work in elementary or secondary schools or daycares
- Those who work to provide care for children, the elderly, and the disabled in their own homes
- Staff members at a daycare center
If you stay for more than six months
If any of the following describes you, it’s time to schedule a checkup-
- You resided in one or more countries or territories for at least six months within the previous year.
- You will be working in Canada in a position where the general public’s health is at risk (for further information, see the list of professions that require a medical examination), or
- You’re seeking a parent and grandparent super visa.
If you require a medical exam, the visa office will inform you what to do next.
When to go to the Canada immigration medical exam center?
You can either obtain your medical checkup before or after you apply.
Before submitting your application
As a potential applicant, you may take a test first. A first health checkup is a term for this. Please consult a physician on the panel to obtain one. You need to get a medical exam if you have applied for one of these visas-
After submitting your application
The government of Canada will give you the necessary paperwork and directions to schedule your medical exam. You must schedule your medical examination within 30 days of receiving these guidelines. Your application may only be accepted if you comply with these requirements.
Canada immigration medical exam requirements
The following items are Canada immigration medical exam requirements to be brought to your scheduled medical examination-
- Proof of identity, in the form of a passport or other government-issued picture ID bearing your signature.
- If you use corrective lenses, whether they be glasses or contacts,
- Findings from any diagnostic tests or medical records you may have about any pre-existing illnesses
- A current drug list
You may be required to show identification once more at the time of further testing, such as an x-ray or bloodwork, that was referred to you.
- The Canadian government’s Immigration and Citizenship service extends a warm welcome to anybody who meets the requirements for immigration, whether they are an international student planning to pursue further education in Canada or a qualified worker meeting the same criteria.
- Medical tests required for Canadian permanent residency include a complete physical, chest x-rays, blood work, and urinalysis.
- The findings of your health assessment will be good only for a year. If you don’t become a Canadian permanent resident before then, you may have to retake the test.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog. In case of any queries, reach out to us or drop a comment below!
Like this blog? Read next- How to apply for a Study Visa in Canada in 5 steps!
Q1. How long does it take to process a Canada PR application?
Answer- Citizenship and immigration to Canada, as well as other processes, may take candidates up to two months.
Q2. How long will your medical results be valid?
Answer- Your medical exam results are only valid for 12 months.
Q3. What is the fee for the medical exam?
Answer– Canada immigration medical exam cost depends on tests and must be paid at the time of the examination.