Table of Contents
- Advantages of IELTS
- How to apply for the IELTS exam?
- Key takeaways
IELTS is an English language proficiency test jointly owned by The British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge English. In this post, we will discuss how to apply for the IELTS exam from IDP and The British Council.
Advantages of IELTS
IELTS is popular among individuals who:
Wish to pursue higher education and study abroad programs
The IELTS Academic test is required by the top international education destinations, including the UK, the USA, Canada, and Germany.
Non-native speakers must take the IELTS test in order to enroll in university, but it is also necessary for those who want to register with professional bodies and organizations.
Want access to international employment opportunities
When offering employment to non-native English speakers, multinational corporations and global conglomerates demand proof of English language proficiency. As a result, candidates who wish to work for multinational corporations abroad must pass the IELTS exam. To obtain a work visa and begin a career abroad, one would need to pass the General IELTS exam.
For immigration and permanent residency
In order to grant citizenship or the right to permanent residency, government organizations use the IELTS exam as part of the application process.
How to apply for the IELTS exam?
To sign up for the IELTS exam via IDP, follow these simple steps.
- Get in touch with the institutions that require IELTS and request the IELTS type, module, and band score. Governments, businesses, corporations, academic institutions, colleges, and employers all have specific test requirements with varying minimum band scores. Depending on the course or profession, these requirements may change.
- Select the test date and venue of your choice, and prepare your test requirements. Visit the IDP website of your country to view IDP’s test locations and schedules. Get a legitimate government ID ready, along with payment for the test you want to take.
- Select the type of test you want to sign up for. Click “Continue” and “Create New User” after selecting the necessary module, the test date, and the test location. Register using your email address and enter the necessary candidate information. Send in a scanned copy of an authorized ID.
- You have the option of paying offline or online for your IELTS exam. Once your payment has been received, you will receive a payment confirmation via the email address you registered with us.
- A week prior to the test date, a test confirmation email will be sent containing information about the location and timing of your test. Contact IDP if you still need to receive your test details one week before your scheduled date.
To sign up for the IELTS exam via The British Council, follow these simple steps.
- Visit The British Council website to begin booking your IELTS exam. Select “Register For Test”. Then, choose the test type, open dates, test site, and other options based on your preferences. Ensure to include your correct email address when scheduling your test so that you can get important information about it.
- Please be aware that applicants must have the original ID document to be permitted to take the test. For Ghanaians, the identification document must be a passport or national ID issued by the National Identification Authority. Driver’s licenses, voter IDs, and student IDs won’t be accepted. For non-Ghanais, the ID document is strictly equivalent to a valid passport. Any other form of identification won’t be recognized.
- Once your payment has been received, you will receive a payment confirmation via the email address you registered with us.
- A week prior to the test date, a test confirmation email will be sent containing information about the location and timing of your test.
- The IELTS exam is crucial for individuals who want to work, study or migrate to English-speaking countries.
- You can apply for the IELTS exam via IDP or The British Council.
- One week before the test day, you will receive a test confirmation email with information on the location and timing of your test.
Summing it up, applying for the IELTS exam is quite a simple process. Once you do so, you will have access to some practice test material, which will help you ace the exam. For more tips to score high on the IELTS exam, visit the iSchoolConnect website today!
Question 1: Can I register to take IELTS at home?
Answer 1: Your test-taking options are completely flexible with IELTS Online. IELTS is the best option for you whether you prefer to take your test at home, in a testing facility, on a computer, or with paper and a pen. IELTS Online is fantastic because it has the same structure and content as IELTS tests were taken in testing facilities.
Question 2: How far in advance can we schedule IELTS?
Answer 2: You can register for the IELTS exam as early as three months prior to the IELTS test date and no later than one week prior to the exam date. Slots are dependent upon the seats available in the city or test center where you want to take the test.
Question 3: Can I take the IELTS exam without a passport?
Answer 3: No Passport, No Test! All candidates are required to bring their original, valid passports to the speaking test as well as the listening, reading, and writing tests. The candidate will only be allowed to take the test if they have their original passport with them on test day. A copy of the passport must also be submitted with the application.